Pre-K applications for the 2018-19 school year will open on February 5, 2018 and close on March 30, 2018.
Pre-K Admissions Overview
In free, full-day, high-quality pre-K, children are in a safe learning environment with opportunities to participate in engaging activities and interact with other children and teaching staff. Studies show that early childhood education improves performance throughout a child’s school experience. Learn more about how your child benefits from Pre-K for All.
Who can apply to pre-K?
- Families with children born in 2014
- New York City residents
- Students who move to NYC during the admissions process Get More Information >
- Students with disabilities Get More Information >
- Students whose home language is a language other than English. No program may deny admission, registration, or enrollment to a student based on the student’s fluency or perceived fluency in English.
- Students in Temporary Housing can apply to pre-K even if their housing situation is uncertain. They do not need paperwork to apply to schools, accept an offer, or enroll in a school.